FINALLY! I got it done.
Now... Who will be the first to test this bad boy? I've worked it twice from my instructions, and it isn't the easiest thing ever, but if you have any Ami experience, you should be able to make your own! Enjoy!
You can download a PDF on Google Docs...
Here it is:
NYAN CAT AMIGURUMI PATTERN
(by Julianna McDuffie)
STUFF YOU NEED
- Yarn in a rainbow of colors as pictured. (I used mostly Red Heart Soft and Bernat Satin)
- Felt for the face
- Poly-fill or yarn ends for stuffing
- Size E or F hook
- Hot-glue gun/glue
- Tapestry needle
- HDC (Half Double Crochet)
- SS (Slip Stitch)
- Bobble Stitch
- Whipstitch for joining pieces
- DC BOBBLE STITCH: YO, insert hook into next stitch, pull through 1 loop YO, Pull through 2 loops. (2 loops on hook). YO, insert hook (in same stitch), YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through 1 loop, YO, pull through 2 loops (3 loops on hook). YO, insert hook (in same stitch), YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through 1 loop, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO pull through all 4 loops.
- HDC SHELL STITCH: 4 HDC all in one stitch.
POP TART EDGING
HEAD - worked in the round
RIGHT EAR, Row 1: Find the joining stitch of the opposite cheek bobble. Move down to last row of the head. Count 2 stitches toward the top of the head. Insert hook in second stitch and pull up a loop to join. CH2 (counts as first stitch). SC in same stitch. SC in next (3 stitches).
Note: The rainbow is worked as a ripple stitch (think, “ripple afghan”). If you would like to make your Nyan Cat into a long, rainbow scarf, make your initial chain as long as you would like your scarf to be, and then add a few chains for good measure. You can always undo a few loops on the end of the chain to make it “fit” the pattern. Won’t hurt anything, and it’ll be easier than counting in the long run. Plus, I’m bad a math. I may have already said that.
Row 1: WITH RED, Chain 25.
Row 2: Ch 2, Turn (counts as first HDC). HDC in next two chains. *2HDC in next chain. HDC in next 3 chains. Decrease in next by (HDC 2 chains together). HDC in next 3 chains.* across.
Row 3: SKIP 1st stitch, Repeat Row 2, using ORANGE.
Row 4: : SKIP 1st stitch Repeat Row 2, using YELLOW.
Row 5: : SKIP 1st stitch Repeat Row 2, using GREEN.
Row 6: : SKIP 1st stitch Repeat Row 2, using BLUE.
Row 7: : SKIP 1st stitch Repeat Row 2, using PURPLE.
Weave in all ends.
1.) Working from the front, join Head to bottom right-hand corner of Pop Tart, using the long tail to whipstitch. Hide your stitches as much as possible, and leave the ears “free” so that they can stick out a little and move. Stuff the head with Poly-Fil when you are ¾ of the way closed. Finish whip stitching the head to the body and weave in the ends. Note: I chose to join the head all the way into the corner, even sewing directly to the Pop-Tart fringe in the corner, but it’s your call.